ERD Subsurface Engineering Specialist – WellWork
Provides expert technical advice to the Well Delivery Process (WDP) for the planning and design of new ‘Extended Reach’ wells (ERD) drilled from both artificial islands and offshore wellhead platforms, ensuring full consideration is given to future well access, reservoir management and well integrity requirements during the life cycle of a well.
- Bachelors or Higher Degree in relevant engineering discipline such as Petroleum or Mechanical.
- For Bachelors, minimum 20 years’ experience, for Masters, minimum 15 years’ experience and for PhD minimum 10 years’ experience in petroleum engineering activities related to WellWork Engineering, well services and intervention, and at least 5 years of offshore related work.
- Significant experience in carbonate reservoir stimulation.
- Strong knowledge of WellWork engineering in complex trajectory applications.
- Computing competence with modelling software such as Nodal Analysis, Tubing Forces and Hydraulics, Production / Injection and Stimulation Modelling in addition to proficiency in MS Office applications..
- Leadership and safety training (Desirable).
The position is based in Abu Dhabi;